Professor McEwan’s clinical expertise includes advising on cardiovascular risks for non-cardiac surgery, a topic she has addressed over many years, previously speaking at the Association of Physicians of Great Britain and Ireland and at the Royal College of Physicians’ Teach-Ins.
Her clinical interest in acute coronary syndromes (unstable angina and myocardial infarctions) and restenosis and stent thrombosis after angioplasty and stenting, means Professor McEwan is often invited to address these topics in lectures for courses and conferences.
Professor McEwan is often called upon to present on the training and development of doctors, particularly relating to the changing demographics of the medical workforce. Previous presentations have included:
- 2009 Royal College of Physicians Conference – Part Time Working: Full Time Professionalism: The Portfolio Career
- 2009 Royal College of Physicians – New Consultants Conference: Flexible Working
- 2010 Association of Physicians of Great Britain and Ireland, Trainees Satellite Conference (Dundee) – Flexible Training, Working and the Academic Career
- 2010 Royal College of Anaesthetists – Flexible Training and Working
- 2011 University of Cape Town, Department of Medicine – Leadership in Teaching and Training
In 2011, having been the Clinical Lead for handover, Professor McEwan launched the RCP London’s Toolkit for Handover at the Royal College of Physicians Regional Conference in Birmngham.
After Dinner Speeches
Professor McEwan is open to invitations to provide After Dinner Speeches for charitable events.